title

title

Monday, February 23, 2015

Uno

Well.... I don't know how the rest of the week is going to go, but if today was any indication, it is going to be a most excellent week.

If you haven't checked out the blog before, please go back and assure that you haven't missed something.  During the day I post various pictures if the moment seems right.  They all show up as separate posts.

For me, the best part of the day; apart from the boxes arriving, was the opportunity to work with Fernando.

1st..any of you that know me....the ABBA song as well as excerpts from SNLs "Fernando's Hideaway" kept creeping into my mind....and then out my mouth.....cause "You look Marvelous!"  

Look it up....yeah you.

Fernando has to be one of the many unsung heroes of the Dreaming and Working mission.  He has been a part of every trip and yet only now do we get to meet him.  Not only do we get to meet him but he his clearly wanting to be there and involved in what we are doing.

Fernando speaks no English.  I speak extremely little Spanish.  But we speak a common language of prosthetics.  I think....no...I know, that he....like me....wants to help people.  He sat, helped and assisted with all of the patients that Missy and I evaluated today.  We rejoiced and fist bumped or high five'd every time measurements we were taking were matching his from 5 mos. ago.  

As I understand things, Dr. Mary, the Peruvian Physiatrist that brings us here, is the reason that Fernando is here with us this week.  She is now the director of rehabilitation here and thus has been able to grant permission for Fernando to be a part.

To make for a trifecta...remember our friend Jonathan?  (see blog 2013 & 2014) the amputee that went to Physiotherapy School.  Well, he now works in Fernando's clinic in Lima.  I think this is considered potential realized.

I think that's enough great news for today.  Otherwise, I might pop.

Buenos Noches, Mis Amigos

Pablo


1 comment:

  1. Is amazing the way God can prepare and instruct people in order to help others, that´s the real purpose in life, we are here for others, to love, help and serve them. I am glad I could met the whole group last year, all of you are incredible! Great work, Dreaming and Working Together!

    ReplyDelete